Important Information for ASEAN Travellers Seeking Specialist Medical Treatment in Singapore
Your attending specialist can apply to Ministry of Health Singapore (MOH) for a waiver of the restriction on short-term visitors on your behalf if:
- You have healthcare needs requiring specialist management that cannot be met in your home country AND
- You are currently under the attending specialist’s active follow-up AND
- The attending specialist certifies that delay in continuation of treatment will lead to serious, life-threatening adverse outcomes.
Process for ASEAN Travellers Who are Existing Patients of Singapore Medical Group (SMG) and Seeking Entry into Singapore for Follow-up Specialist Medical Treatment
For Bahasa Indonesia : +65 8892 9116
For English : +65 6735 3000
For Khmer : +65 9663 1628
For Vietnamese : +65 9686 7656
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
If your condition meets the three criteria stated above, our Medical Concierge team members and your attending specialist doctor will assist you in obtaining approval from MOH to waive the restriction of your visit.
MOH will review and reply to the application via email within one week. If the waiver is approved, MOH will send a letter to your attending specialist to confirm the waiver. Your specialist will in turn send you (and your accompanying visitor, if any) the letter, which you will need to furnish to the airline and Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) officers at the border checkpoint for inspection.
Notes on proof of accommodation:
- For hotel accommodation, bookings must cover the entire period of stay (minimum of 14 days)
- For place of residence (either your own or that of family members), to provide a copy of an official document stating the address
Upon arrival at Singapore, please present a copy of your letter indicating MOH’s approval of waiver of restriction at the Singapore checkpoint. You will be issued a 14-day SHN and you will be required to show proof of accommodation indicating where you will serve the 14-day SHN.
Our Medical Concierge team will assist you in liaising with the SHN duty officer on your required medical services. Your SHN duty officer will be tracking your movements through an app.
Arrive at the clinic for treatment according to scheduled date and time. After completion of treatment, you would have to complete the full 14-day duration of your SHN before going back to your home country
- ASEAN countries besides Singapore: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam
- Stay Home Notice (SHN)
- If you are issued with a SHN, you will have to remain in your place of residence at all times during the 14-day period
- You should make your own arrangements to procure food and daily necessities
- You should not invite visitors to your place of residence or accommodation
Important information to note when travelling to Singapore:
- You should have no more than 1 (one) accompanying visitor accompanying you to Singapore;
- You (and accompanying visitor) must clear health checks at the Singapore immigration checkpoint and may be subjected to a swab test before being allowed into the country;
- You (and accompanying visitor) will need to produce proof of accommodation indicating where you will serve the 14-day SHN on arrival;
- You (and accompanying visitor) will be put on 14-day SHN upon arrival in Singapore and will not be allowed to depart before completing the 14-day SHN. You (and accompanying visitor) will be allowed to leave your residence for medical appointments but not without informing the SHN duty officer beforehand;
- You (and accompanying visitor) should monitor your temperature and health for at least the first 14 days following arrival, and seek medical attention early if unwell. If you develop fever or any respiratory symptoms, contact your attending specialist and head to the A&E department of the hospital of your attending specialist. You will be isolated and tested for COVID-19 (2 tests at least 24 hours apart);
- After fulfilling your 14-day SHN period, you (and accompanying visitor) should minimise travelling out of your residence unless the need arises to head to the healthcare facility;
- Waiver of restriction for short-term visitors will not be granted for future care episodes once you depart from Singapore. Hence, prior to your departure, your attending specialist will share with you on the necessary arrangements to ensure continuity of care;
- Approved waiver is valid for 14 days from date of approval and is valid for one-time use only.